YOUTHS – THE SOLUTION TO AFRICA’S NUMEROUS PROBLEMS by Pastor Adeniyan Olaolu Joseph
Matthew 4:16 “the people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light, and for those dwelling in the region and shadow of death, on them a light has dawned.”
There are numerous natural disasters happening all over the world. These are major adverse event resulting from natural processes of the Earth; examples include floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, tsunamis, and other geologic processes. A natural disaster can cause loss of life or property damage, and typically leaves some economic damage in its wake.
Africa as a continent is afflicted with much more worse synerio than natural disasters. Our leaders in Africa are our own disasters. Bad leadership has birthed war that has rendered millions dead. Bad leadership has rendered a wealthy nations rich in natural resources economically bankrupt due to corruption, injustice, selfish, fraudulent, convertous lifestyle of our leaders. Bad leader in Africa is equivalent to hurricanes, tornadoes, volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, tsunamis we see in the world.
Who will save us? It is only God Almighty. But know He has created you in His image and after His likes to positively influence the world and change it for Christ Jesus to the glory of God. The solution to Africa’s leadership problems is in the hands of Visionary Youth who has unbreakable intimacy with God.
Youths, You are the future of every nation, you are expected to be God’s emissary that catches the mystery of revelation for national transformation, so as to build and celebrate one nation of peace and justice.
Youth you are the machine of civilization, the mouth piece of God’s gospel of salvation from enslavement of sin and all manners of evil. You are fearfully and wonderfully made by God to be the light of the world. You are to be a city of light set on a high hill which is God Almighty that cannot be hidden, provided you will not allow the mockery waters of corruption and enrollment in the destructive school of SIN (Satan’s Identification Number) to sink you into eternal destruction.
You are to be God’s solution to the problems of the country, that was the reason for your birth into the country and the community you reside. You are born to be the salt of the earth and the light of the world. Matthew 5:13-16
“You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people’s feet.
“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house.
In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.”
But yet, the world looks so much chaotic, every one seems to be asking questions, How can there be so much problems? yet we have so much scarcity of good visionary, selfless leaders like Mahtma Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr., Nelson Mandela.
Hear the good news, with you, the world is perfectly balanced, Wake up from your sleep, you are the heroes the world is waiting for. God says in Rom 8:19-21
“For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God.
For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God.”
There is an hero within you. Rather than complain, awake the giant on your inside.
I will tell you a story, A man once stood in front of God, His heart breaking from the pain and injustice in the world. Dear God, he cried out, ‘look at all the suffering of the masses, the anguish and distress in the world. Why don’t you send help? God responded furiously, “I did send help. I SENT YOU.”
I have taken it as an heavenly bound duty to help youths realize this and set out to be what God sent them to be on the land of the living.’ You’ve got to know this truth, God has sent you to be Solution Provider to world’s problems. You must conscious of what you do and how you do the things you do. You are being watched as a leader. If you are not ready to act, God will fold His hands to compliment nothing.
I want you to learn from this poem titled, I DARE NOT STRAY AWAY
“Joy to the world,
Born this day, arrival of new chap,
Budding into a fully grown man I become,
Before the very gazing face of the cloud of witnesses,
Now as a man,
A careful person I want to be,
Observe I on each day dawn,
A little fellow follows me,
I do not dare to stray away,
for fear He’ll go the self same way.
Yet Thousands gaze watchfully,
A role model and mentor they desire of me ,
For to be restructure, their minds are set,
To self control, uprightness of heart they crave,
Holy and disciplined life they desire,
To them a mirror of emulation I become,
Always before me, God I set,
All because little fellows follows me.
His eyes, I cannot escape,
Whatever He sees me do he tries,
Like me he says he’s going to be,
A role model I realise I am,
A mentor carry i myself to be,
For that little chap who follows me
Hmmm! I must remember as I go,
Through the wet and dry seasons of life as I grow,
Through the sea turmoil, valleys of trials and tribulations,
Even life tempest, my test I painfully endure,
I am building for years to be,
The little chap that follows me,
The upcoming generations and all
That stands all days watching.“
Waaho! what a great challenging poem, this is a responsibility for every youth. Let this mind be in you that i have positive leadership to provide to my world. This will help you unleash the hero in you. You are the solution to the problems in the academic world, the entertainment world, the political world, in the legislative, executive and judicial arm of government, you are the solution to the problems in other spheres of influence in life.
Rather than complaining, God is saying He has sent you to fix world’s problems as the light of the world.
Our focus must be on seeing ourselves as the solution makers and not the problem makers. it is then we can foster universal unity and seek the good of every man from all tribes and cultures.
For this reason, ensure the following;
- Start Dreaming: Nurture your dreams as a seed, plant them on appropriate fertile soil. Inside every seed there is a forest, the difference between the seed and the forest is time.
- Build within you, good positive attitude; While nurturing your seed, expect to be faced with life challenges. Let this build in you optimistic right reactions. Don’t give up on life or yourself when even it appears you are not winning today. Note, every successful person is an ex-failure but then don’t give up. Don’t doubt who you are. you are a solution and not a problem. That you are knocked down does not mean you are knocked out of life.
- Remember, good attitude is the lens through which we look. It is your attitude at the beginning of any task that will affect your outcome in the end. Your attitude towards God, towards your academic, towards life, towards people around you all matters. It must be positive if an Hero will emerge out of you.
Note, your attitude is the major difference between your success and your failure.
- , According to Allen Wong, Chairman of V-tech said, “Life is about having affection to be a blessing to be a blessing to people’s life, having passion to affect life positively is essential thing. So, you’ve got to be passionate about what you do. Don’t build your life on the things you ought not to build on, things like; sexual promiscuity, pride, hooliganism, indecency in character, corruption, violence. When you build your life on the wrong foundation, such building will definitely fall but you don’t realize until you have fallen with it into shame and destruction.
- “Surround yourself with right people aspiring to be positive change agents in this world. Avoid the NFAs (the No Future Ambitions). Remember, you are only as good as the people you surround yourself with.
Don’t forget, your future is hidden as a treasure in you while the secret of your future is hidden in you daily routine.
You are an hero within. Wake and live each day being God’s Solution for Africa’s problems. Thank you.